RESAAS Services Inc. (“RESAAS” or “we,” “us” or “our”) takes your privacy seriously. We are committed to giving you transparency of our privacy practices and control over your data in connection with RESAAS””s service offering (“Service” or “Site”)..
What Personal Information Does RESAAS Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone numbers, Twitter and/or Facebook user names, usage information regarding your use of our Service, and browser information. We automatically receive your location when you use the Service. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Service, improving the content of the Service, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new features. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- Information Collected Automatically: When you use the Service, RESAAS automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. We treat this data as non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. RESAAS only uses this data in aggregate form. We may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our site, so that our partners may also understand how often people use their services and our Service.
- Web Beacons: Web pages on our Site, including third-party advertisements and offers, may contain non-visible electronic images (called “web beacons,” “single-pixel GIFs” or “1×1 GIFs”) that allow the Site to access cookies or to count users who have visited particular pages on the Site. We may also send you HTML-formatted email messages (messages that include graphics) that contain web beacons, which allow us to determine which email messages were opened and whether a message was acted upon, as well as access cookies and count users.
- Accessing the Site From Online Banner Ads: If you come to the Site from an online banner ad on another site, an anonymous identification number may be passed to the Site. This information cannot be used to gather any personally identifiable information about you. It will only allow us to track the overall effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns.
How Do You Share My Personal Information?
We do not sell or provide the personally identifying information that we obtain about you through this Site to third parties unless you request or permit us to do so or the disclosure is permitted or required by law. Some of the circumstances under which we may provide information about you are described below.
- Your Profile: As you know, certain information in your profile is intended to be public. When you enter information in your profile, we will indicate what will or will not be made public. This information is viewable by the public and by other users.
- User Generated Content (UGC): If you upload videos and other content to the Site, you may be revealing otherwise private information about yourself or other people. Any videos and other content that you submit to us may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by other users or the public.
- With Your Permission: We may forward personally identifying information about you to others at your request (e.g., to respond to advertising or offers, to process a transaction by you, or to verify your identity to the third party).
- Indirectly: We may permit third parties to mail or email advertisements or offers to you in a fashion that prevents them from learning personally identifying information about you. If you respond to an advertisement or offer from a third party, that party may collect and use information about you in a way that is different from this Policy; we encourage you to read the privacy statement of any such third party.
- Public Forums: Certain portions of the Site (e.g., chat rooms, forums and message boards) may be available to the public or other Site users. If you provide information at such locations, your disclosures will not be private.
- Anonymous Data: We may disclose aggregate user statistics and demographic information to third parties in order to describe our Services to current and prospective shareholders, investors, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other permissible purposes. That data will not contain any personally identifying information about you.
- Our Business Partners: We enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses sell items or provide special offers or promotions to you through RESAAS””s Service. In other situations, RESAAS provides services, or sells products jointly with these businesses. You can easily recognize when one of these businesses is associated with your transaction. We will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that business, unless you have elected not to be solicited by marketing partners during the registration process or through the account settings page.
- Service Providers: To the extent necessary to make the Site and Services available to you, we may provide information to vendors (“Service Providers”) who provide operational services related to the Site and Services, such as hosting, telecommunications and billing.
- Technical Problems: We may disclose information if we believe doing so is necessary to detect, prevent, repair or otherwise address any technical problems such as software bugs.
- Protection of RESAAS and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of RESAAS, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What About Cookies and Similar Technologies?
Cookies are small pieces of data that we transfer to your computer’2012-03-02 01:11:50”’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. RESAAS cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your email address is.
Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. For more information about cookies and how to refuse them, click here.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your RESAAS account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Do not divulge your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email.
RESAAS endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, RESAAS cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Where Is Information About Me Located?
How Do I View and Change My Account Information?
You can review your account information and make changes or corrections, or delete your account, on the Account Information Page.
How Do I Delete My Account?
If you ever decide to delete your RESAAS account, you may do so by emailing email@example.com. You must do so from the email address registered with your account. If you terminate your account, your profile, including questions and answers provided, REBLASTS, and any other content added to the Service, will be removed from the Site. Because of the way we maintain RESAAS, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days. In addition, we reserve the right to maintain selected information about your account for our internal records.
How Is Information Removed From My Account?
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, was copied or stored by other users, or was cached by search engines such as Google.
How Do I Stop Receiving Email Communications?
If you do not want to receive commercial email from us or our partners, please notify us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you will continue to receive legal notices from us, as well as any necessary notices regarding your account, if any. You are responsible for reviewing such notices. We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from RESAAS if your computer supports this type of program. RESAAS uses this confirmation to help us make emails more interesting and helpful and improve our service.
What If Content On The Site Infringes My Privacy?
If you feel that your privacy is infringed by any content on the Site, whether it is content that we created, or User Generated Content (UGC), or third-party content (such as news stories, video clips and the like), please email us at email@example.com and provide the following information: the location (URL or other description) of the infringing material on our Site; your address, telephone number, and email address; where in the content you appear (for instance, specify how many minutes and seconds into the work you appear and describe the scene); a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury of the laws of the State of California and of the United States, that the above information in your notice to us is accurate and that you are (or are authorized to act on behalf of) the person whose privacy is infringed. We reserve the right to require that you confirm this information in writing (by mail or fax, for instance), with a physical signature.
Can I Use The Site If I’m Under 18 Years Old?
This Site is not intended for use by anyone under 18 years old. We do not knowingly collect information from minors, and we feel strongly about protecting the privacy of children and teenagers. However, in the unlikely event that you’re under 18 and have a need to use the site, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know about your situation.
What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service – or if you believe anyone has accessed your account or information without your permission – please send a detailed message to email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective December 5, 2011.